There's something ultimately gratifying when you complete a do-it-yourself project. I have to thank my sister for the idea, because I was ready to buy my own bed frame, but she suggested that I make my own headboard to replicate the same look. "Make my own?" was my reply. I wasn't too certain about it at all, but I decided to Google "make your own headboard" and see what came up. It didn't look too difficult, and it just happened that I had a piece of scrap wood leftover from an old piece of furniture - the exact width of a queen size bed!
The most expensive part of the project was buying the foam (see first picture, taken at Beverly Fabrics). The only other materials were batting, and some linen that I purchased at Discount Fabrics. Everything gets staple gunned to the back of the wood. The trickiest part was mounting the thing, and finding the correct flush mounts that were recommended. Thanks to my dad for making that part happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment